I think deviled eggs might have been the first thing I every really cooked. My mom would always make them, so I used to help her, starting when I was a little girl. Eventually I became the person who would make all the deviled eggs for special occasions and parties. They are relatively simple, but so good. I still love making them whenever I can, and am happy to share my recipe.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch paprika, or to taste
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; but yolks in a bowl and set egg whites aside.
- Using a fork, mash the egg yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Stuff the egg yolk mixture into the hollow of the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the eggs with paprika.
- Refrigerate until serving.