- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley (chopped if fresh)
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Boneless, Skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Combine the butter, parsley, chives and lemon juice in a small bowl, refrigerate or freeze until firm.
- Put the chicken breast halves between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound chicken until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Remove the wax paper and season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the butter mixture from the fridge/freezer and divide it into 4 equal portions. Place one portion in the center of each chicken breast. Fold the short edges of the breasts into the center, then roll the chicken until the butter is covered by the chicken, secure the chicken breasts with wooden toothpicks.
- Add the water to the eggs and beat together. Dip the chicken into the bread crumbs and coat, then dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then dip the chicken back into the bread crumbs again to coat well. Chill the chicken breasts either in the fridge for an hour or the freezer for a half hour.
- In a deep frying pan, heat oil to 365 degrees F. Carefully lower breasts into hot oil. If Chicken is completely covered in oil while frying, fry for 8 minutes, if Chicken is about half covered in oil, fry each side for about 5 minutes until golden brown.