My husband loves everything that is buffalo chicken flavored. So with him in mind, and my in-laws coming over for dinner, I wanted to make something they would all enjoy. This layered dip is incredibly simple and quick to make, and was a huge hit. I dont really like buffalo chicken but even I found this delicious.
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken to make it quick)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Blue Cheese dressing
- 1 cup pepper sauce (I used Frank’s RedHot)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a large skillet until hot
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and blue cheese dressing together.
- To layer the dip together, in a baking pan (I used a 1.5 quart casserole dish, but an 8×8 pan or 9×9 baking pan would also work) spread about half of the cream cheese/dressing mixture on the bottom of the pan, then add half of the chicken/hot sauce mix on top and then sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese on top of that. Then layer the remainder cream cheese/dressing mixture on top, add the remainder of the chicken/hot sauce on top, and finally sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top.
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until dip is hot and bubbly
- Serve with chips, crackers, celery or carrots. I used Frito’s scoops and it was the perfect pairing.