These brownies are a delicious layer of Guinness brownies topped with Bailey’s frosting and Jameson ganache. These are similar to the Irish cake I made back in March, except these are a lot easier to make. They use a boxed brownie mix, and the same ganache and frosting as the cake.
For the Brownies:
- 1 box brownie mix
- One can or bottle of Guinness
- The remaining ingredients listed on the box of brownie mix, except for the water
For the Ganache Filling:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons Irish whiskey
For the Baileys Frosting:
- 1 cups butter, at room temperature
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Prepare the brownie batter as directed, replacing the amount of water listed in the instructions with the Guinness, and bake as directed.
- Cool the brownies completely
- Microwave the chocolate and butter in microwaveable bowl on high in thirty second increments until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add in the whiskey and stir until mixed.
- Cool 5 minutes until the ganache thickens slightly.
- Using a mixer, whip the butter for about minutes until it is fluffy, then gradually add in the powdered sugar until it is all incorporated.
- Add in the Baileys and whip for another few minutes, until it is mixed in.
Assemble the brownies:
- Spread Baileys frosting on top of the cooled brownies, refrigerate until the frosting hardens a bit.
- Spread the chocolate ganache on top of the frosting. Refrigerate until ganache hardens.
- Cut and serve.
Pingback: Easy Guinness Brownies - Jess Loves Baking
Pingback: Hard Apple Cider Cupcakes - Jess Loves Baking