Monkey bread is one of the yummiest things in the world, and yet it is so under-appreciated! It’s like eating cinnamon rolls, but without most of the work. It’s very easy to make, because you use refrigerated biscuit dough. That cuts down on the time and effort it takes to make. You can eat it for desserts, or as a fun breakfast, or literally any other time because its so delicious. Since its still fall, its the perfect time to make my pumpkin monkey bread!
This pumpkin monkey bread has dough covered in fall spices like cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Then it is coated in a brown sugar pumpkin butter and baked. Finally it is drizzled with a delicious cream cheese glaze. It is the perfect fall treat!
What is Monkey Bread?
Monkey bread is s a soft, sweet, sticky pastry served for breakfast or dessert. It usually consists of pieces of soft baked dough sprinkled with cinnamon, but you can make it with different flavors. The name Monkey Bread comes from the fact that you pull apart the bread the way a monkey would.
Tips for this Recipe
I have a small 6 cup bundt pan, which is what I used for this Pumpkin Monkey Bread recipe. It works for me because there are only 2 people in my house and this recipe in the small bundt pan makes PLENTY. I know a lot of people have bigger bundt pans, so you can definitely double the recipe for a 12 cup bundt pan.
You can also make this and save the leftovers in the fridge and re-heat it the next day. The leftovers will still be really good for a day or two!
Or eat it all in one sitting, and dont leave any leftovers. I think thats totally a fair decision, and wont judge!
Pumpkin Monkey Bread
- 1 16.3oz tube refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 6 cup bundt pan, set aside.
- Remove the biscuit dough from its package, cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Set aside.
- In a large resealable bag mix together the granulated sugar, ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Place the biscuit dough pieces in the bag and shake well until the pieces are coated. Place the biscuit pieces in the prepared bundt pan.
- In a small saucepan heat the brown sugar, butter, pumpkin and vanilla extract on medium heat until smooth. Pour the mixture evenly over the biscuit pieces in the bundt pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the biscuits are golden. Let the monkey bread cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes, then invert it onto a plate.
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar vanilla extract and milk until smooth. Add more milk if necessary until the mixture is drizzle-able. Drizzle the glaze over the cooked monkey bread as desired.