Is there anything more perfect for fall than cornbread? I don’t think there is. And these Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins with honey cinnamon butter area an awesome addition to any meal. They could also just be a snack, or whenever else you want to eat one, because they are so yummy.
It’s less than 2 weeks until Thanksgiving, so it’s time to start planning. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday, because obviously its the most food-focused holiday of them all. This Thanksgiving will be very different, as all our plans to go out of town to visit relatives for Thanksgiving have been cancelled due to Covid. Instead, I’ll just be cooking for my immediate family. While it will be a much smaller, cozier dinner, I still plan to make all the traditional Thanksgiving items.
I’ve always associated cornbread with Thanksgiving, whether it is in the stuffing or by itself as a side dish. Adding pumpkin to the cornbread makes it even more festive for a thanksgiving dish. These pumpkin cornbread muffins are good all by themselves, but adding the honey cinnamon butter to them really makes them pop. I slather the butter all over the muffins because I just cant get enough of the butter, its really really good.
Tips for Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- These muffins taste best when they are served warm. To reheat, you can wrap them in aluminum foil and put them in an oven preheated to 350°F for a few minutes until they are hot, or heat them in the microwave.
- If you don’t want to make muffins, you can use a 9 inch square pan instead and cook it for the same amount of time.
- You can also freeze these for up to 3 months in an airtight container and they will still taste good.
- Don’t skip out on making the butter, its my favorite part of this recipe!
Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter melted
Honey Cinnamon Butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 12 muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, milk, sour cream, sugar and eggs until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients and the melted butter to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 full. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Until the muffin tops are golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whip the butter, honey and cinnamon together until fluffy.
- Serve the cornbread muffins warm with the honey cinnamon butter.
Yum, I bet that butter makes it taste so good! I think I’ll save this and make it for the boyfriend who loves any kind of cornbread.
The butter is soooo good. I’m sure you’ll like it!
Pingback: Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins — Jess Loves Cooking | My Meals are on Wheels
This looks so good! I can’t wait to try it!
Yes, let me know how it goes!
Will do! Thank you!