This is another attempt to update my old posts from this site to make them look better. This recipe for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies was the third thing I ever posted on here. I didn’t have a nice little recipe widget to format everything. And I didn’t have a camera or editing software to make my pictures look really good. I’m not sure anyone even saw it, because I didn’t know what SEO was. And I just had no idea what I was doing overall. Which is a shame, because I really am certain this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe.
This is my absolute favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies. And other people agree, as everyone gobbles these up when I share them. In fact, I baked and brought these cookies to my first date with my husband. So there’s a chance these cookies can ultimately even get you a proposal.
Besides being really delicious, they are really easy to make. You really just dump everything in a bowl and mix them up, and in less than 20 minutes you’ll have yummy cookies. They are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. I like to make a batch of the dough and keep it in the freezer so that whenever I am feeling like having homemade cookies I can just pull it out and make a few cookies, or more to share. If you freeze the dough and want to bake them from frozen, increase the cooking time to about 15-18 minutes.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp hot water
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, then add in the vanilla and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda in hot water. Add the baking soda mixture to the batter.
- Add the flour to the batter and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips until well combined.
- Drop dough by large spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets.Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.