With St. Patricks Day just a few days away, I figured it was time for me to figure out a new way to put Irish alcohol into a dessert. I also wanted to make the dessert as easy as possible, because sometimes is nice to have a simple option that also seems really impressive. And that is why I came up with these Easy Guinness Brownies.
With only 7 ingredients, these Guinness Brownies are the perfect simple recipe. The whole recipe takes less than 40 minutes to make, and requires very little work.
The brownies themselves are start from a boxed mix, which obviously makes this recipe easier than starting from scratch. You just replace the amount of water called for in the boxed mix with Guinness Extra Stout, or another beer of your choice.
The frosting is also just 4 ingredients, and comes together very quickly. You can choose to add some sprinkles on top, or leave them plain, either way they will look amazing. There is Guinness in both the brownies and the frosting, which gives the final product a deep, rich chocolate flavor, with a creamy boozy frosting.
For another boozy brownie recipe, check out my Boozy Irish Brownies
For another St. Patricks Day recipe you can check out my Irish Cream Sugar Cookies
Easy Guinness Brownies
- 1 18.3 oz Brownie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Guinness extra stout
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Guinness extra stout
- sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, then lightly grease a 9×9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the brownie mix, vegetable oil, egg and Guinness. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the brownies are set, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- Add the butter to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add in the vanilla extract and Guinness and beat until just combined. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and continue beating until frosting is fluffy.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled brownies. Add sprinkles if desired. Cut and serve the brownies.
- Store the leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.