These Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cookies are easy to make and have all the flavors of pecan pie in them. The cookies are filled with a pecan pie filling, so they also look like cute little pies!
With it being so close to Thanksgiving, these Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cookies are the perfect dessert for after the big meal. They will also be great for December cookie swaps or presents. They are really delicious and also look really impressive.
These pecan pie cookies are soft, with a strong chocolate flavor, a mild bourbon flavor, and a bit of crunch from the pecans. You will want to eat the whole plate of them because they are just so good.
How to make the Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cookies
These are very easy to make. You just need one bowl for the dough and another for the filling. The cookie themselves are thumbprint cookies, so you use your thumb to press a dent in the center of each cookie, then you spoon the filling in and bake them.
White and Brown Sugar: Using white and brown sugars in the same recipe gives the cookies the best flavor and texture.
Butter: You should use unsalted butter, but if all you have is salted butter these will still come out great
Bourbon: Choose whatever bourbon you like the flavor of, I tend to use cheaper bourbon when I am putting it in baked goods.
Baking Powder: Usually I only use baking soda in cookies, but the baking powder in these makes them nice and puffy.
Cocoa Powder: Gives these cookies their chocolate flavor
Pecans: Chop these up pretty small
Tips for Bourbon Pecan Pie Cookies
- If you want to omit the bourbon and make these non-alcoholic then use an additional 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract instead of the bourbon
- If you don’t have heavy cream for the filling you can add milk or non-dairy milk instead and only use 2 tablespoons of it.
- Keep these covered or in an airtight container and they will be good for up to 5 days. You can also freeze these for up to a month.
Other Recipes to Try
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar divided
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract divided
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large bowl add the granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the softened butter. Use an electric mixer to beat on high speed until mixture is creamy.
- Add in the egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and bourbon to the bowl and beat until mixture is well incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients in 2-3 intervals, beating after each interval, until the flour mixture is well mixed. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until it is firm.
- Once dough is chilled preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place at least 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Flatten each ball slightly, then use your thumb to make an indentation in each cookie.
- In a medium bowl combine the pecans, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and heavy cream and mix until combined. Fill the indentation in each cookie with about 1 teaspoon of filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until they appear set. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.