One of the reasons I get really excited about St. Patrick’s Day is because it means that I can start experimenting with putting Irish liquors into baked goods. I definitely have more Saint Patrick’s day themed recipes on my blog than any other holiday. These Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies are another addition to my collection. They are very easy to make, and are a fun treat for Saint Patrick’s Day.
Why make Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
Other than it just being a fun this to do for Saint Patrick’s Day, there are a few reasons why you might want to make chocolate chip cookies with Bailey’s Irish cream. First, if you’re looking for a boozy twist on a classic cookie, this is a great way to do it. The Irish cream adds a nice richness and depth of flavor to the cookies. Plus, it’s a fun way to change up your cookie game. If you’re feeling adventurous, give it a try!
Why is Bailey’s Irish Cream so delicious?
Bailey’s Irish cream is by far my favorite to use in these types of recipes. There are many reasons why Bailey’s Irish Cream is so good. First, it is made with real Irish whiskey, which gives it a unique and smooth flavor. Second, it is made with fresh cream, which makes it rich and creamy. Third, it is only slightly sweet, so it is not overly sweet like some other liqueurs. Finally, it is very versatile and can be used in many different cocktails, enjoyed on its own, or put into baked goods.
- You can make the dough ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to a week, or even freeze it for up to 4 months.
- You can bake these from frozen, just bake them for 15 minutes instead of 10. Of you can thaw the dough for a few hours before baking it.
- Make sure you don’t over-bake these cookies. They are much better when they are soft and chewy.
- You can try different types of chocolate chips, any type will taste good in these. They even make Bailey’s baking chips you could try.
- Coffee Creamer- If you dont want to use actual Bailey’s Irish Cream, they sell an Irish Cream coffee creamer you could swap in instead.
Bailey’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and Irish cream until incorporated.
- In a separate medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the butter mixture and beat until well mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes, until they just start to turn golden.